October 07, 2014
Communications and Marketing
The Dana Center for the Humanities' 35th season features a series of performances including blues, musical political satire, bluegrass, and modern dance-not to mention the talents of Saint Anselm College's own Abbey Players.
The season opened in early October with blues and jazz, and moves on to modern dance on October 17. Ailey II Dance, the junior company of the renowned Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, features some of the best young modern dancers in the world. The New Yorker calls their athletic artistry "extreme dancing."
The rundown for the fall semester:
- Friday, October 17: Ailey II Dance: A Dance Revolution
- Friday, October 31: The Capitol Steps, Musical Political Satire
- November 6-8: The Anselmian Abbey Players Fall Production, "Rumors" by Neil Simon
- November 10-13: New Art Theatre, "In the Shadow of Salem"
- Friday, November 14: Le Vent du Nord (traditional music from Quebec) and "Run Boy Run" (Kentucky Bluegrass)
- Friday, November 21: "Walking the Tightrope," Los Angeles' 24st St. Theatre
- Friday, December 5: Danu, A Christmas Gathering
Tickets for all Dana Center events are available by visiting the Box Office in person, calling (603) 641-7700, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and online, any time, at www.anselm.edu/dana