The President's Steering Committee on Diversity and Inclusiveness will work closely with the president and the cabinet to foster and direct progress toward institution-wide inclusiveness.
Its charge will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Maintain the institutional focus on inclusiveness as a high priority goal.
- Coordinate campus climate assessment.
- Regularly monitor and report on institutional progress toward inclusiveness goals.
- Plan and oversee institution-wide education and training on inclusiveness.
- Initiate specific proposals to the president regarding inclusiveness.
- Assist the college to maintain ongoing communication with all its constituencies regarding progress toward inclusiveness.
- Assist the College in formulating strategies to identify, recruit, and retain an inclusive, multi-cultural, and diverse student body.
Committee Members, 2016-2017
- Ahida Pilarski (Assoc. Professor, Theology), Chair
- Bede Bidlack (Theology)
- Wayne Currie (Multicultural Center)
- Sue Gabert (Campus Ministry)
- Sarah Keefe (Office of International Programs)
- Dale Kuehne (Politics)
- Sybille Legitime (Student '18)
- Michelle O'Regan (Office of College Communications and Marketing)
- Sean Parr (Fine Arts)
- Pamela Preston-Safarz (Nursing)
- Marilu Torres-McCamby (Admission)
- Donald Stokes (Student '17)
- Sue Weintraub (Residential Life)